NEW PATENT FOR THE XTRA SERIES FROM GEFRAN //
The Gefran’s Xtra Power Controllers, are the only controllers that have the innovative function that protects the system and power junctions, in the device against intermittent overcurrents and short-circuits, eliminating a need for extra-rapid fuses and circuit breakers.
A short-circuit protection function resulted from extensive R&D in Gefran’s laboratories, resulting in an international patent.
The Gefran Xtra series devices will react to sudden overloads in the controlled load, immediately tripping a solid-state power switch that enacts a safe holding state. Energy developed by this short-circuit is minimized, preventing faults and/or hazardous stress, on the circuit that is connected to a load. Then the system is ready, to restore power when the fault has been cleared.
The Gefran Xtra Power Controllers will be reset with the button on the controller, or a command transmitted via Fieldbus, or can be set to restore power automatically with the soft-start ramp; when the internal current sensing circuit detects that the short-circuit has been cleared (for example, with current spikes linked to momentary electric arcs.)
The Gefran Xtra Power Controller Series provides several distinct advantages:
- Elimination of stocks of various extra-rapid fuses used as spare parts, each with a specific I2t value
- System restart, at any time without specialized personnel
- Resetting, without opening the device or the electrical panel
- Smaller control junction to be matched with specific circuit breakers.
- Drastic reduction of machine downtime, approaching zero if due to momentary electric arcs
- Protection of solid-state controller, with unlimited number of resettings
- Protection of process material, and work cycle
The Gefran Xtra series controllers provide an advantages in applications with industrial ovens, both vacuum and high-temperature, heat treatments, float lines for glass production, hot-blade cutting systems, and vacuum metalizing lines.
Patented protection function, is available in the GTF Xtra line, with currents up to 60 Amps, and in the GFW Xtra line in mono/2/3-phase configurations, up to 100 Amps per phase.