- Isolation valve allows insertion and removal with the pipe under pressure
- Two sizes fit entire pipe range: IP115 to 10", IP215 to 48"
- High-quality ruby bearings for excellent low-flow performance and long life
- One easily-replaced moving part
- Square-wave frequency output can connect directly to PLC's or counter controls
- Uses standard NPT threaded pipe fittings or saddles
- Controls can be remote or meter mounted
The IP100/200-Series are adjustable depth insertion paddlewheels that come in brass or 316 stainless models to fit 3” to 48” pipe. Installation fittings are standard 1-1/2" (101/201) or 2” (115/215) NPT. Fittings such as saddles and weldolets may be purchased either locally or from Seametrics.
Ruby bearings and a non-drag Hall-effect sensor give these meters the widest flow range of any of the paddlewheel types. A sensor detects the passage of miniature magnets in the six rotor blades. The resulting square-wave signal can be sent for hundreds of feet over unshielded cable without a transmitter and connected directly to many PLC’s and other controls without any additional electronics.
If desired, a modular system of electronics can be installed directly on the flow sensor or mounted remotely. The FT415 (battery powered) or FT420 (loop powered) flow indicator provides digital rate and total display, as well as programmable pulse output; the FT420 also provides a 4-20 mA analog output. If a display is not required, the AO55 provides 4-20 mA analog output, and the PD10 provides a programmable pulse for pump pacing.
The “hot-tap” models (IP115/215) can be installed or serviced without shutting down the line by means of a 2” full-port isolation valve that comes with a nipple for installation on the pipe fitting. In most circumstances, no special tool is required.